• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon ii x3 440

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jnisch

Hi guys,

I recently got a Athlon ii x3 440 and a gigabyte MA790GPT-UD3H motherboard. The batch on the CPU was CADAC. I was able to unlock the other core, and CPUZ shows a Phenom ii B40 with a Deneb codename. Is there a chance to unlock the L3 yet? Or since I have already enabled the ACC to get the fourth core and the l3 isn't there, this CPU just doesn't have it?

So far I've gotten it to 3.42ghz stable with a 11 hour Prime95 torture test and everything passed. I would like to try to get it higher, but can't read the temps anymore. I'm really happy with everything so far though for a 80 dollar purchase :)

I'm new to OC'ing and was just curious. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Athlon II dies lack L3 cache so there's nothing to unlock.

He could get lucky:) I never bother unlocking or trying to unlock but if he lucked up and got a PhII core he may have a chance.

Remember some AthII may be a bad PhII. So unlock the instability or update your bios.

He could get lucky:) I never bother unlocking or trying to unlock but if he lucked up and got a PhII core he may have a chance.

Remember some AthII may be a bad PhII. So unlock the instability or update your bios.
I didn't think they produced the Athlon II X3 from Phenom II's did they? I thought only the early Athlon II X4's were done that way ...? :shrug:

Yeah I messed around a little with it last night, but no luck for the L3. I do have a solid quad core at 3.4 ghz though. According to the speedfan temps, at load it ranges from 39 to 42 C, so I'm very happy with everything.

Back