• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus G73jh with Intel X-25M Win7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baby3ater666

Hi guys I just placed an order for the Intel X-25M 80GB and am pretty excited for it! :D One question though, can I use my recovery DVD's that ASUS makes me burn to load up Windows on the SSD or should I use a Windows 7 disc and use the windows key that came with the Asus. Will I run into any problems? I'm trying to find out all of this so come the day when I get it that I'll be able to fire it up!

Your best bet is to always do a clean install. I doubt the recovery disk will work because usually manufacturers store a lot of the actual recovery data on the hard disk itself in a hidden partition. Even if asus has included everything in one disk, you'll probably have a bunch of programs installed that you really don't want or need.

So I'd definitly go for a clean install! Enjoy your new rockin laptop! I'm still waiting for mine to get here!

A recovery disk will re-create any hidden partitions and all of the original apps that came with the laptop.

Not sure if the license from your recovery will work on a normal copy of Win7 though. Its likely an oem-license and won't work on a retail copy. If they are the same version of Win7 you can give it a shot. You should be able to uninstall and remove most of the crap though manually to get it pretty close to normal clean install speed.

Back