• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can one run TRIM and GC at the same time on different drives??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
The drives in question are OCZ Vertex 30GB (1.4 FW), and the OCZ Summit 60GB in my sig with GC Firmware. I assume this is a simple answer of "yes" as one is in the FW(GC) and the other in the OS(TRIM). I suppose I could simply flash as well but just wanted to make sure. Im feeling especially lazy today and want to get this drive up and running! :clap:

Last edited:
No issues that I can think of. Even if the drive just has GC firmware, the OS still sends TRIM commands, they're just ignored since the drive doesn't know what to do with them. One thing you should consider. The 1.5 firmware flash is suppose to be non-destructive. However, my 120G Agility was one of the special case drives (something like 9 posts down in the thread on OCZ forums) and the utility I had to use to flash it was destructive. So you might end up stuck on 1.4 firmware if you choose not to flash it before installing data to the drive.

Back