• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bootable to CD to make boot from USB possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

Is there a bootable CD-rom utility or something of that sort that would allow you to boot from the cd-rom first and then via USB?

I have a Dell poweredge 1750 1u rack server that has a very propetary laptop like CD-rom. The bios does not support booting from USB...
Normally you would use floppy discs to load the drivers for the SCSI card,but its damn near impossible to even find some locally.
Ive treid slipstreaming the drivers into a Win2k disc with nLite but I keep getting corrupt DLL errors when it tries to load the drivers at the beging of setup.

Highly annoying...esp since I downloaded the drivers directly from dell. I would like to turn this thing into a local CS:S dedicated server, but I cant do that without an OS...

if your getting errors with the drivers, your adding the wrong ones likely, are you adding multiple drivers for the card? are you loading them with text only driver or the other nlite option.

you could install linux and run cs:s from that.

Ah ok, I may try that because I did load up several drivers.

But I managed to get WinXp to install? Wasnt expecting that...I think Im going to strip it down and try it out. Should make it easier to remote desktop into as well when I move the Poweredge to the basement, because its LOUD.

Thanks man.

Ah ok, I may try that because I did load up several drivers.

But I managed to get WinXp to install? Wasnt expecting that...I think Im going to strip it down and try it out. Should make it easier to remote desktop into as well when I move the Poweredge to the basement, because its LOUD.

Thanks man.

i got a 2u server and i got it sitting in a closet in the bathroom where i cant hear it most of the time lol i installed 2003 server on mine and didnt need drivers unless your trying to do a raid setup

Back