• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2 Resurgance Pack

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slayn

Lol. As if spending $15 for 5 maps weren't enough, they had to cash in some more and add a 2nd map pack already. Come early June to xbox and when whenever to the rest of us is a 2nd map pack with another 5 maps. There is no info on what maps or the price, but I am guessing another $15. So all in all if you want to keep up you have to spend $30 for another 10 maps. That is half as much as the full game itself.

GG.

Eh I bought it for PS3 and it sucks because you can't choose gametype when playing the new maps. Bloooowwwwwsssss haaaardd.

Eh I bought it for PS3 and it sucks because you can't choose gametype when playing the new maps. Bloooowwwwwsssss haaaardd.

if you are in a regular lobby say a tdm or ffa and everyone in the lobby has the map pack then it will do the new maps
i hate all the new maps anyways so to me it doesnt make a difference

Yup, 3 new maps, 2 more COD4 maps for another $15. How does it feel to spend $30 on 6 new maps and 4 old? :p

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/108/1089604p1.html

I only play MW2 at my friends house on PS3, but he keeps bugging me to buy it too so we can play together. Im going to get a used PS3 version, but there is no way I am going to spend $30 more to get some maps.

Meh...just another reason to not play mw2.

I disagree, i like the game. Playing it on hardened now, third time to finish. The graphics are great, the story is ok (compared to MW), and i just got into the whole Online thing with it, and im not dying every 3 seconds now.

The bad is that of course its too short. Having to pay for maps is retarded anyway you look at it, or if you do pay for a map, make it be a map pack, not just 3, or 4, maybe 10. I mean Activision is just milking the hell out of this franchise now. Seriously, if they added more content like Borderlands (actual new areas, new missions, extending the story somewhat ANYTHING) that might be worth it. Oh YEA, maybe a little extra cool mission like the Zombie Nazi's in Call of Duty, or the Airforce One mission in MW would have been a sweet addition.

Instead you can walk through a museum with guns. WOW. talk about arrogance. "our fans will love the fact they can check out every weapon, and every soldier of every scenario in our 4 (ahem) 5 hour game." Ya, all that for only $60+ dollars (if you didnt buy the nightvision goggles, which my friend did, and they are pretty cool.)

Its too bad they screwed the fans, and continue to charge almost half as much as the original game costs.

Either way.... like it... don't like it..... don't matter to me. The other map pack is a mute point anyway.... Black Ops is coming out in November. I don't care if it's the exact same game as MW2..... the dedicated servers will make it 100% better.

Down with HAX!!!!!

Back