• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual GPU GTX 470 on the horizon!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So running two of these would basically be quad sli? And your electric bill would be $50 more lol.

2 8pin connectors... wow. Thats a 400W+ monster if all the specs from teh 470 are carried over!

Hahaha!!!! ^^

I thought the same thing when I first saw it (after I was like, damn that thing is 400W!)

a full cover water block will have to be huuuuge!! Especially since there are RAM chips right at the edge of each side of the PCB...

If I remember correctly dual gpu cards tend to use less power than dual single gpu cards of the same type. With the great scaling these chips have this looks like it might be good. Just get a gold rated power supply or something. Seasonic X750 should be perfect I bet. Sort of want.

WOW that thing is long :shock:

i think they should have just did a dual PCB board setup (like the first 295gtx) would cut down on the length and difficulties on how to cool it.

How in the world do they plan on cooling this thing? You see that teeny tiny half slot exhaust exit? My bets are it would be blowing a significant amount of heat right into the case. Still cant wait to see how it performs.

How in the world do they plan on cooling this thing? You see that teeny tiny half slot exhaust exit? My bets are it would be blowing a significant amount of heat right into the case. Still cant wait to see how it performs.
I've wondered the same about any card with an aftermarket cooler. I think the solution is to have and extra fan or two facing inwards on your case so it forces the hot air through the (hopefully) vented pci slot covers that most cases seem to have these days. I saw it work on a newish silverstone case. Brb finding video.

here. skip to 45 seconds in.

Last edited:

liquid cooled is the only way i can see. cause if u got the money for one of these(i am guessing it'll cost atleast $650 :cry:) then u aren't too cheap to properly cool the thing!

Back