• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zippo88

Registered
My processor fan is too big for having any more than 2 RAM in the computer but there is a possibility to get more room If i change the position of my processor fan, but i could get less cooling then. Let's see what you guys think.

Right now it's blowing sideways through the cooling system and towards the fan that blows out from the computer on the back side. It's possible to switch the processor fan and set it on the other side, and then i can fit more RAM, but it will get quite close to the fan that is blowing out heat from the computer, so do you think that would make the computer get alot hotter, or would it be ok?

They would be kinda fighting for what way the air will blow ^^.

Disrupting the air flow in your case by putting fans in opposition is never a good idea in my book, double bad in this case cause now hot air is going to blow onto your ram.

Are you using the stock processor fan? If you are, this might be your excuse to buy a better cpu heatsink.

Back