• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fast/reliable bluetooth adapter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

Does anyone know of a fast and reliable bluetooth adapter for a desktop? I'm looking mainly use mouse and keyboard, but sometimes file transfers to/from my phone as well.

I've had this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11866 for a while, but there seems to be a problem when using it on my desktop. I will get error code 43 after it downloads the driver in and has an exclamation mark in device manager. It's weird because the dongle works fine on my laptop.

Anyways it's probably since its cheap that it's finicky like that... is there a better one out there?

I'm using a trendnet tbw-101ub, I've been using it for a few years, works fine with xp, vista, 7, range is ok, for sure its not amazing, but there are supposed to be more powerful versions of the same device, so its probably worth checking out.

Nick

Back