• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF NEWEGG.COM!?!?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Newegg isn't the cheapest generally. They've also been quick to raise their prices on hot selling items, knowing that many people will buy from them even though their prices are higher. Their sales are sometimes really good though.

Newegg isn't the cheapest generally. They've also been quick to raise their prices on hot selling items, knowing that many people will buy from them even though their prices are higher. Their sales are sometimes really good though.

I agree, but come on?? It may be better to have the better deal. I'm a die hard newegg customer, however not for that item! I bought it at Microcenter when they were in stock for $19.99. Walk-in of course..

Ever since that thing got Max PC's stamp of approval the 'Egg raised the price. I bought one for my qx6850, wasn't impressed.

I agree, but come on?? It may be better to have the better deal. I'm a die hard newegg customer, however not for that item! I bought it at Microcenter when they were in stock for $19.99. Walk-in of course..

IMNSHO anybody who buys their cooling gear at NewEgg is misinformed or ignorant. 90%+ of cooling gear that NewEgg sells can be found cheaper (along with cheaper shipping, too) from Jab-Tech, FrozenCPU, SVC, Petra's, etc.

for the last couple years neweggs prices have been pretty wacky. I generally dont buy from them anymore, will just shop around. The ssd debacles of the recent past was my last straw with them.

Ever since that thing got Max PC's stamp of approval the 'Egg raised the price. I bought one for my qx6850, wasn't impressed.

Maybe I got a bad one...but I only used it on a qx6850. Those CPUs are little ovens though...65nm EE chip, and I was putting a lot of volts to it, lol.

agreed newegg is a ripoff nowadays. people should really look for other alternatives unless it's an awesome shell shocker deal or a promo code is out for an item customers want.

and i got that hyper 212+ for 20 bucks at micro center too a while back for my old computer :cool:

Back