• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temperature different in different programs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iEATu

Registered
Whenever I use real temp or coretemp, the temp I get when stress testing is a little less than 75 degrees. But when using Everest or AI Suite, which is a program that comes with my motherboard, the temperature is 69 degrees. Which temperature should I trust?

But why is there such a difference?

One measures a resistor (I think its a resistor) on the motherboard that may or may not be dialed in accurately. One measures what the CPU itself is reporting via built in temp "stuff" in the CPU.

Oh ok. I know most people would be completely against this temperature, but how long do you think my cpu will last at 75 degrees when at 100 percent. And at 70 degrees while playing a game that uses 60 to 70 percent of the cpu.

Until you require a new one b/c its too slow to run anything.

Those temps are fine. Intel specs it at 72C.

Ok cool. What do you mean intel specs it at 72C. Do you mean the recommended highest temperature?

Back