• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best case for $100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rikuterra

I am looking for the best case I can get for up to $100. I am thinking about the CM 690 II Advanced. Is this a good case or is there a better case I can get.

I'm sure you have heard of the Antec Three Hundred. I just finished one with this case and I love it. A top 120mm fan, side 120, and two front 120's. Another thing I like is that the wires can be routed behind the hard drive bay and it comes with ties.
I got this case for $60 at Microcenter

I'm sure you have heard of the Antec Three Hundred. I just finished one with this case and I love it. A top 120mm fan, side 120, and two front 120's. Another thing I like is that the wires can be routed behind the hard drive bay and it comes with ties.
I got this case for $60 at Microcenter

Its a 140mm fan on the top. Not trying to nitpick just did not want someone to order a replacement fan and get the wrong size.

Total fans in a Antec 300 are 4 x 120mm and 1 x 140mm.

Love my 300. Good solid case that is easy to build in.

I just got the 690 II. Great case! I got the "basic" edition. Not exactly sure what the difference is between the basic and the advanced editions.

The advanced edition comes with a couple more fans, I'm pretty sure.

The advanced as a different look to the top a different front intake style. And the colors are slightly different shades of black. I prefer the basic over the advanced unless you are watercooling.

Can't beat this for the price...

I recommend the Azza Solano 1000 ( Newegg link ).

99.99$ ( 79.99 after mail-in rebate ).

Look at the specs:

1 side panel 230mm intake fan.
1 top exhaust 230mm fan.
2 front panel 140mm intake fans.
1 back panel 120mm exhaust fan.
All blue leds. ( Also availlable in red, see Azza Solano 1000R )
Bottom PSU mount.
Additional bottom intake for PSU. ( Negating the PSU heat generation impact on the case ambient temperature. )
Additional bottom intake beside the PSU mount for 120mm fan to blow on the bottom GPU.

Quiet as a tomb.

Only issue, the clearance for an aftermarket CPU cooler. But there is a simple mod out there, requiring only a few cheap screws and nuts.

Cool looking, quiet, great airflow that will be apparent on the temperature of the mounted CPUs and GPUs, full tower, cool black outside and inside paint ( or red inside for the 1000R ), thumb screws, front ports for Audio, USB and e-Sata. What more can you possibly want for a 79.99$ case? Filters for the fans maybe... Well, there ARE grids, but no filters. But for a low price like this, you can't complain.

I got one myself.

Last edited:
I think the CM 690II Advanced has a spot for a hard drive to connect to on the top of the case. The Basic does not have that.

I'm sold to the 300 too, perfect for a mid sized air build + can take huge cpu coolers (running a CM V8 with no issues)

The only downsides i see to the 300 is that it sucks with wire management since:
1 there is no space behind the MB panel to pass wires
2 If you dont have a modular PSU youll take about 3 HDD slots to hide your wires

I'm sold to the 300 too, perfect for a mid sized air build + can take huge cpu coolers (running a CM V8 with no issues)

The only downsides i see to the 300 is that it sucks with wire management since:
1 there is no space behind the MB panel to pass wires
2 If you dont have a modular PSU youll take about 3 HDD slots to hide your wires

You just use the area behind the HDD rack to store your wires. Thats what I do.

Back