• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raptor ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yafiygi

I just ordered 6 of Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB and will be using them as storage and apps. I have 2 ssd in raid 0 array now for os. My question is should i put these in a raid 5 array or raid 0?

I have an Asus Rampage III Extreme mb and will be using the on board controller for the drives. Should I go with a different controller I also though about doing two raid 5 arrays for 300 gigs a pop. Not sure on what block size I will want to set them at or what raid. Any input would be great thanks.

Overkill yeah i am aware of that just trying to build something that i dont need to wait for it to work. I have no time for waiting for drives to spin up so I am thinking raid 5 block size 128 or 64? or smaller?

ack, 6 raptors in RAID0? Sounds risky. I'm starting to get errors on one of my VR 150s now (1 year of use)... I'm hoping it's just a bad cable, but I don't trust my RAID 0 array anymore. :(

SDD is the future of storage, so it's gohna be sooner or later to go for SSD :p

Back