• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling Thermaltake Level 10 case possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TigerJK1410

Hi guys,

I've been asked to build a system for my friend's brother and he really likes the Thermaltake Level 10 case but he also wants to know if water cooling is possible with this case. Obviously it will be more difficult to set up a water cooling system in this one compared to normal cases since everything is separated into compartments. The obvious easy way to implement a water system would be to use a closed system like Corsair's H50 but he wants one that'll provide more cooling power than that. I've looked around online but since this is obviously not a case that fits into most peoples budgets not that many people have this case let alone mod it to fit a water cooling system. I would just like to know if it's possible AND if it's even worth going down that road. I understand some moderate case modding would be necessary in order to route the hoses along with the pump and reservoir if there is even any space to put all that. I'd like to hear your opinions on the best way to cool the components in this case. Thanks!

my opinion? The case is a tremendous waste of money :D you CAN watercool it, but external is the only option imo...you might be able to do something on the inside of the door, but without the case in my hands I couldn't say, you'd have a really hard time fitting enough rad in there for anything but a cpu only loop...but like I said, external's an option.

Yeah, my first thought of watercooling and that case is an external solution too. You could get something like one of the add-on pedestals that Mountain Mods makes and mount the TT case above it in a stack. That way you would have room to mount 2-4 fan rads plus the pump and reservoir in the base and just run hoses to the TT case.

This is why friends don't let friends by thermaltake, they didn't make the mobo area big enough for most tower coolers...if you can get your hands on one where someone's mounted a mobo and what not already and can get some clearance numbers I can get back to you on putting a rad on the door of the mobo tray, it might be too heavy for the hinges of the door to hold though, I can't tell you that, you'll have to determine that yourself.

Back