• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What brand 5750 should I go for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

badboyeee

I've decided to get a 5750. Can someone recommend me a brand? Or does brand doesnt really matter and its just pretty much whoever gives the best price..

Or if I should get something else other than the 5750?

What is your budget? 5750 isnt exactly a barn burner (no slouch but...)

Brand doesnt really matter outside the warranty to me.

What is your budget? 5750 isnt exactly a barn burner (no slouch but...)

Trying to get the 5750 used. ive seen them go for $100 used. or if brand new waiting for a good deal..

That's a terrible budget you have there, save up some more money, I have a policy to never buy anything used. Except houses, houses are cool.

That's a terrible budget you have there, save up some more money, I have a policy to never buy anything used. Except houses, houses are cool.

Agreed with everything he said :)

Try to save up to $165 and buy a new XFX 5770 from amazon or where ever you want.

OC isn't going to add Transistors on the board :)

Trust me get a 5770, just have patience, because you'll really be satisfied with a 5770.

My favorite card on the market.

OC isn't going to add Transistors on the board :)

Trust me get a 5770, just have patience, because you'll really be satisfied with a 5770.

My favorite card on the market.

Hmm thats 50 bucks difference tho and I only plan to play StarCraft 2. All the other stuff is watching HD videos and browsing the web. So half minor gaming and half HTPC'ing.

Starcraft2 benchmark shows the 5750 & 5770 pretty much perform the same:
http://www.techspot.com/review/305-starcraft2-performance/page7.html

5750 is less power, less heat, shorter (wont cover my SATA connections), and $25-50 less.

:D

but grr the newegg reviews dont look great for that MSI 5750 :-/

Last edited:
The difference between 5770 and 5750 is very small and hard to justify for most users. It is a great choice in the price bracket. :)

Brand does matter,make sure the cooling solution is good and effective,by reading some reviews.Also make the brand provides good warranty service.

So a 5570 can play Starcraft 2 then but I assume the higher the resoultion the more less detail in game you would be able to get I was looking into a 5570 but now I'm buying a Sapphire HD5770 1GB next month, I'll sell my 9600GT with custome cooler and should get around £60 for it.

So I'll only have to pay half towards a new one, thou I was nearly convinced about the 5570 the reviews I read where very very good.

So a 5570 can play Starcraft 2 then but I assume the higher the resoultion the more less detail in game you would be able to get I was looking into a 5570 but now I'm buying a Sapphire HD5770 1GB next month, I'll sell my 9600GT with custome cooler and should get around £60 for it.

So I'll only have to pay half towards a new one, thou I was nearly convinced about the 5570 the reviews I read where very very good.

Yeah the 5570 and 9600gt can play SC2 fine, probably not max settings but decent. Heck my 7600gt plays SC2 fine right now, its very playable at 1600x900 res with med/high texture settings during campaign / 2v2. Good thing you didnt go for the 5570 its pretty much a "side-grade" to your 9600gt.

I almost bought a XFX 5670 yesterday for a good price but someone else PMd the seller one hour before me so I was pretty bummed. I prefer a 5750 but if the price is right i would take a 5670.

edit: if your wanting to save at least $25, u might wanna check that benchmark link below and just overclock the 5750 to a "5770". thats my plan. but then you can just overclock your 5770 hehe. but im finding the 5750 overclocks better than the 5770 percentage wise.

Last edited:
If you play only StarCraft 2 and no other games, then HD5750 should be fine for you.

The difference between 5770 and 5750 is very small and hard to justify for most users. It is a great choice in the price bracket. :)

Thanks just needed some reassurance that I am making the right decision or if I'm missing anything, especially on the Nvidia side since most of my research has been on the ATI side. If my budget ever increases I would definately get a GTX 460 1GB.

But I'd like to share a benchmark of the 5750 when overclocked 21% (performs better than a stock 5770 in this situation):
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_5750/33.html

Last edited:
I've decided to get a 5750. Can someone recommend me a brand? Or does brand doesnt really matter and its just pretty much whoever gives the best price..
Brand does matter,make sure the cooling solution is good and effective,by reading some reviews.Also make the brand provides good warranty service.

Okay back to the original question and to build on it.

So I found the XFX is the brand to get due to the "double" lifetime warranty. If bought new it adds resale value. If bought used the 2nd owner still gets lifetime warranty so thats awesome. Looks like they are really good with RMA service as well.

What would be brand #2 or #3? In general, in terms of their reputation of reliability, hsf cooling, customer service, RMA & warranty, or even rebates?

MSI I heard is horrible with rebates. I'm still trying to read other brand reviews. Sapphire looks okay. Powercolor looks to be a new brand. Never heard of HIS either...

Thanks just needed some reassurance that I am making the right decision or if I'm missing anything, especially on the Nvidia side since most of my research has been on the ATI side. If my budget ever increases I would definately get a GTX 460 1GB.

But I'd like to share a benchmark of the 5750 when overclocked 21% (performs better than a stock 5770 in this situation):
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/HD_5750/33.html

Sure the 5750 overclocked might match a stock 5770. Let's see a comparison of the 5750 overclocked compared to the 5770 overclocked.

+1. I hate when people do that...its like fractions, you have to do to one side what you did to the other! :)

Sure the 5750 overclocked might match a stock 5770. Let's see a comparison of the 5750 overclocked compared to the 5770 overclocked.

+1. I hate when people do that...its like fractions, you have to do to one side what you did to the other! :)

Yes im aware of that. Of course an OC'd 5770 will perform faster than a OC'd 5750. Well here is a quote from my reply to AngelfireUk83.

if your wanting to save at least $25, u might wanna check that benchmark link below and just overclock the 5750 to a "5770". thats my plan. but then you can just overclock your 5770 hehe. but im finding the 5750 overclocks better than the 5770 percentage wise.

From what I remember from Techpowerup.com, the OC performance increase was 17%-20% for the 5750. For the 5770 it was 10%-14%. Just from knowing that satisfies me to go with the 5750. I'm trying to get the bang for the buck, regardless I dont wanna spend $150 for a 5770.

For both the 5750 & 5770, the PowerColors were at the low end of that percentage with HIS being in the middle and then the Sapphires at the top end. I'm not finding Techpowerup reviewing any XFX's.

Lemme know if you need links, I'm @ work right now and I'm starting to fall behind :D

Back