• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have Frontier & Nettalk?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

What should I do for the delay I get (1 1/2 sec)? The unit is plugged into the Frontier router, there is also a Linksys WRT54G plugged in used for wireless. I am thinking that might be better to plug the nettalk into. I read on the Nettalk forum, that it being to close to the router causes interference also.

the only way you could fix them being 'close together' would be to move one device down the street. The range on the WRT54G is such that its not going to cause interference if its 1 foot away or if its 30 feet away the wireless will still reach so I call BS on that one. It wouldn't hurt however to try changing the channel the wireless uses in the linksys to something away from the default of 6 if those people really believe its an issue

the only way you could fix them being 'close together' would be to move one device down the street. The range on the WRT54G is such that its not going to cause interference if its 1 foot away or if its 30 feet away the wireless will still reach so I call BS on that one. It wouldn't hurt however to try changing the channel the wireless uses in the linksys to something away from the default of 6 if those people really believe its an issue

Nope, it isn't the wireless, we are getting BS upload speeds. We are in the sticks & the tech said we are lucky we have DSL. Oh well October 1 we are moving closer to town.

Back