• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Front 200mm fan on the Cooler Master HAF 922

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rem337

Hey, I've always came across this site but never made an account, so I thought I'd share my problem with you guys so hopefully you can help.

Got the HAF 922 a couple of days ago ready for my PC build, now the PC is fully built and works perfectly.

The only problem is 7/10 times I start the PC the front intake fan, the 200mm one that lights up, fails to start spinning and just keeps attempting to start. I have to actually start spinning it with my finger for it to finally get up and running.

I'm hoping some of you may know whats causing this and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks !

Sounds like a defective fan to me. I would get in touch with Coolermaster and describe the problem and see if you can get them to send you a working fan. I imagine they will want a copy of the invoice for their records.

Is the fan plugged into a motherboad header or directly into a 12v PSU lead? My thinking here is that it may be undervolted by a "Quiet Fan" or "Smart Fan" mechanism in bios if connected to the mobo.

Cheers for the replies,

Trents, The fans connected directly to the PSU, but thinking of that I might actually plug it into the MB just to see what happens.

Muddocktor, Yeh I'll get in contact with them, I haven't been able to find anyone else with the same problem so I'll see what they say !

m0r7if3r, If Cooler Master for some reason don't reply to me or can't help me then I'll try that I think.

Thanks again.

It's pretty simple, you've just gotta pull the sticker off, take off the retaining ring, then spray in some wd40

Forgot about this thread, thought I'd post an update.

I plugged this fan directly into a fan header on the motherboard, and now it works perfectly.

Could this mean, faulty cable from my PSU, or possibly I didn't have the fans connected correctly so that this one receives enough power to start it spinning?

I'm unsure, but I'm going to leave it in the header anyway of course.

That's strange; makes me think that maybe that something was interfering with the fan blades and putting just enough pressure on it to overcome starting torque. Anyways, I'm glad to hear that it started working correctly. :thup:

Forgot about this thread, thought I'd post an update.

I plugged this fan directly into a fan header on the motherboard, and now it works perfectly.

Could this mean, faulty cable from my PSU, or possibly I didn't have the fans connected correctly so that this one receives enough power to start it spinning?

I'm unsure, but I'm going to leave it in the header anyway of course.

This can also be caused by a loose molex connection, I have had the same issue where a fan was not working occasionally due to 1/4 molex pins was loose in the housing. But as you said it's better on the header, less wiring. Out of curiosity what psu?

Thanks for the replies ! yeh it is strange, but yes could be the molex, I'll have to have a look.

Pwnmachine, the PSU I'm using is the BeQuiet! 600W White Edition, Modular.

Back