• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4GB x 4 DDR2 1066 possible to run at 1066?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aseaver

Registered
I have researched everywhere on running 4gb x 4 modules of Patriot ddr2 1066 at the rated speed. Everything says it will not run due to IMC limitations. I have tried to run it but I get reboots when windows loads. Do I have to end up running at a lower speed?

Configuration:
Window 7 Pro x64
AMD Phenom 9850 Black
MSI K9A2GM series (MS-7501) MB
4 gb x 4 Patriot DDR2 1066 memory

I tried to adjust timings, voltage (cpu and mem), and ratio per the various recommendations I found on this board. I now have FSB running at 213MHz and all timings set to auto and it runs stable.

Is it true I can't run 4gb x 4 modules? Will a different MB do the job?

I think your asking a bit much of a Micro motherboard that is only rated for 800mhz RAM. If I was you I would stay with 800mhz and try to get 4-4-4-12 timings.

Different mobo might do the job, what CPU/NB voltage are you running...it's gonna need to be up a significant amount from stock settings.

NB voltage

My bad, I should have read the whole question more closely. Yes, I can adjust all the voltages but I have it set to auto, which I think is 1.0v because when I went to adjust it tonight, the next step was 1.115v

My bad, I should have read the whole question more closely. Yes, I can adjust all the voltages but I have it set to auto, which I think is 1.0v because when I went to adjust it tonight, the next step was 1.115v

Give the CPU/NB 1.2v and see what happens, if it works, back off the voltage until you fail. Lower voltage is always better, but your probably gonna need more than stock setting to pull this off. :D

For the most part, the board should not matter as long as the BIOS has at least rudimentary OCing options. The issue is the memory controller which is on the CPU. With that series Phenom, I have not seen many people have much luck running 1066 4-up.

Back