• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where is XFX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prime

Hey guys, im just curious if anyone knows twhere XFX is in the 400 series market?
Theyve always had nvidia and still produce the GTS series also current ATi(AMD) but why not the current gen? I'm cutreious cause i think im going to pick up the 470 and XFX has really great customer support(i can actually call a number and talk to knowledgeable people.. in the US!!) and lifetime warrantees.
So yeah.. anyone know?!

^If I'm not mistaken, eVGA and XFX turned to producing for only nVidia and ATI respectively now. I know that eVGA only makes nVidia cards now, but since I've never seen a 400 series XFX card I can only assume they went to ATI's side.

They don't make the 400 series. The heat the things put out is too much of a possible loss for them BECAUSE of their warrenty. They have a really long warranty period, and the cards are likely to fail because of heat during the period. XFX and EVGA both turned down producing the 400 series cards.

well EVGA has only produced nvidia for as long as i can rembember Way out and Comp i think youre slightly mistaken
EVGA-GTX-480-Superclocked.jpg

But that does sound plausable for the XFX side. Is it just speculation/ hearsay? Or is any of this information confirmed?

They don't make the 400 series. The heat the things put out is too much of a possible loss for them BECAUSE of their warrenty. They have a really long warranty period, and the cards are likely to fail because of heat during the period. XFX and EVGA both turned down producing the 400 series cards.

I could understand maybe the 480 after reading how hot they get but they both put out the 260 and my 260 runs hotter than my 460.

Back