• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In need of Professional Assistance.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abest0

Registered
Hey guys ^_^

I'm currently running an i5 760 (1156 Quad 2.8Ghz) under a Coolermaster V8 inside an Antec 902 with 3 intake and 2 exhaust 120mm's.

As soon as i pushed the Chip to 3.4Ghz the load temps were too high (64/65).
I blame my V8 for the high temps and am looking for a better cooling solution.
I would like to stick with fan cooling but am willing to consider water.

Considering my specs, what type of fan do you think i should invest in? (Cost is not an issue)
Bear in mind i wanna hit around 4Ghz.
Thnx =D

Been doing some more reading and i'm thinking of going for the Noctua NH-D14 ....

It seems to out preform the Corsair h50 and h70 as well as the V8 & V10.
Any thoughts?

Looking at your case the side panel has some plastic clips that stand out that may interfere with the D-14. What is the max temp on the cpu? trying to find it.

OK, I cannot find anything in white papers referring to the max temp but everything I have read says its 100C and that you should try to keep it below 80C which you are doing. Have you run real temp? if not I would try that and post a screen shot.

Last edited:
You can get Real Temp here this will show you the cpu temp and temp to TJmax.

AH, guess I should have read a bit closer you are wanting 4ghz.

My wife has the Antec 1200 and the D-14 barely is above the plastic clips on the side panel, with the shorter case this will become and issue but you could remove them I guess to allow for the cooler to fit in the case.

Yeah, I found a clearance problem with the plastic side door fan clips on an Antec 900 using a TRUE. We just removed the fan clip thing from the side door and it worked ok.

You can get Real Temp here this will show you the cpu temp and temp to TJmax.

AH, guess I should have read a bit closer you are wanting 4ghz.

My wife has the Antec 1200 and the D-14 barely is above the plastic clips on the side panel, with the shorter case this will become and issue but you could remove them I guess to allow for the cooler to fit in the case.

Hey man cheers for the link ... I been using CoreTemp but this one looks abit more advanced.

Ummmm I'm not really concerned with the Max CPU temp coz i dont want it too surpass 70 anyway (paranoid).

Yeah the clips may be a prob ... might have to mod the case.

How have you found the Noctua NH-D14 in terms of noise, temp, etc?

I will let muddocktor link you to his review he has earned that right. The fans are fairly quiet but his review will show you better fans if you want to use them instead.

Muddoctor I contacted Noctua and told them I wanted a third set of clips and they shipped them for free for a third fan, they also sent the white plastic guides and four fan isolators with it.:thup:

Be prepared she is a big gurl, here she is in the Antec 1200 case:
RCCable.jpg

xD

Also .... the weight freaks me out ... is it ok in a tower? i really don't want a snapped motherboard :-/

Yes it is safe and you can even read it on their site that it is safe, I had read before getting one of people worried about it hurting the motherboard but there are a bunch of people on here that have them and no one has had any issues with it. I comes with a back plate that mounts over the metal back plate on the the board so it distributes the weight so there are no issues.

Here is my other one and it has three fans and has been no issue:
Untitled-1.jpg

OK sorry would like to answer more questions for you but I have a lightening storm going on now and I need to get disconnected, lol cant be to safe a friend just friend her 2K system so now I'm paranoid.

Yes it is safe and you can even read it on their site that it is safe, I had read before getting one of people worried about it hurting the motherboard but there are a bunch of people on here that have them and no one has had any issues with it. I comes with a back plate that mounts over the metal back plate on the the board so it distributes the weight so there are no issues.

OK! I'm sold. Lol
Gonna head out tomorrow and get one =P

I wish it looked cooler Lol ..... might paint the fans.

Thanks heaps for your help ^___^

Back