• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unable To Install Windows After Mother Board Installation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

samtothelefet

Registered
After finally getting my Intel D865GLC Motherboard and all connection cables installed correctly, an issue occurred with the operating system. Windows loads the files then the error message No Hard Drive Found appears. The hard drive is listed in the motherboard drive configuration but NOT in the boot priority. I used Hiren's Boot CD to identify possible hard drive issues and got the message Device Is Hung - Reset Required. I also installed a CD/DVD Rom and it appears in both the drive configuration and the boot priority. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated! :confused:

Under Advanced--> IDE Configuration, ATA/IDE Configuration is set to Enhanced? If the controller is set to Legacy, change it to Enhanced, Save and Exit. Re-enter the BIOS and check PATA/SATA Primary Master to see if the drive is recognized, then Boot--> Boot Device Priority to select the 1st Boot Device (select the boot device with the <↑> or <↓> arrow keys).

Your disk might not be set to be active. if you can, plug the drive in to a working computer, then go START, click on the search bar, and type DISK MANAGEMENT, then right click the drive and select the MARK PARTITION AS ACTIVE option.

if you have no computer you can use you will have to download a boot disk that has the FDISK program on it.

I followed your instructions Redduc900 and the HDD appears as the Primary Master in the PATA/SATA Listing but not in the Boot Device Priority. Will try Wathnix's suggestion next.

Sounds like you may have a bad HDD.

You shouldn't have problems with Windows Vista and later, with AHCI.

I found this:

Super Fdisk is the free DOS Partition Manager. With Super Fdisk you can quickly and easily create, delete, and format partitions in DOS system. You can burn it into CD/DVD to guide the boot of system. This Super Fdisk Bootable CD is used for booting to repartition hard drive.

Hopefully the HDD isn't bad; it's been sitting in a box for a while but it's never been used which means the warranty has expired. Is the iflash utility update an option or will it damage the motherboard?

Last edited:
Back