• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Painting the edges of a case window Cutout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5erade

Registered
I am finally going to be back home after 6 weeks and can finish were I left off on my case mod.

I tried using u-channel molding but it proved too difficult because of the sharp angle cuts in the design, it looks great but u-channel is out of the question.

Does anyone have tips for sanding/painting the edges of a cut or some other way to cover up the cuts?

Thanks, Aaron :-/

one word, "TRIM" the ultimate hide-all used on cars and homes and furnature and lots and lots of stuff that isnt precision machined to within 1mm.
when the Uchannle doesnt work, and you still want something there, think "trim" a thinner covering item that hides the problems and itself looks "finished"
What to use for trim? I dont know, but that would be the idea.
a "strip" of something, wood, plastic, metal, chrome, vinyl, the right colored tape even (pinstripe tape).

what things can you think of that would be effective trim, and also even improve it beyond just hiding the noise behind a covering?

Depending whether you talking intricate cutout design or just large window cutout and you not going to totally repaint just touch up.
I usually used some Emery cloth on the edges, and either a Black Sharpy Pen or Black Automotive Touchup Paint Pen

Depending whether you talking intricate cutout design or just large window cutout and you not going to totally repaint just touch up.
I usually used some Emery cloth on the edges, and either a Black Sharpy Pen or Black Automotive Touchup Paint Pen

What he said I think is the best and easiest.

Back