• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair GS700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yanko693

Hey everyone, Just thought I'd share this. Basically I went to Bestbuy looking for the TX-750 I had seen there before but instead found these new "Gamer Series" PSU's. I picked up the 700w version for 119.99$ figuring it can't be too bad considering Corsairs reputation.

I guess I'm just looking to see if anyone else has ever seen or used one of these.
The Corsair Gaming Series GS700 power supply is the ideal price-performance solution for building or upgrading a Gaming PC. A single +12V rail provides up to 56A of reliable, continuous power for multi-core gaming PCs with multiple graphics cards. The ultra-quiet, dual ball-bearing fan automatically adjusts its speed according to temperature, so it will never intrude on your music and games.
Choose Your Color

Tri-color LEDs illuminate the transparent fan blades at your command. Choose red, white or blue for the appropriate dramatic effect, or turn them off entirely at the press of a button
Corsair Gaming Series GS700 Features:

* It supports the latest ATX12V v2.3 standard and is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2 and ATX12V 2.01 systems
* An ultra-quiet 140mm double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow at an exceptionally low noise level by varying fan speed in response to temperature
* 80Plus certified to deliver 80% efficiency or higher at normal load conditions (20% to 100% load)
* 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power
* Universal AC input from 90~264V — no more hassle of flipping that tiny red switch to select the voltage input!
* Extra long fully-sleeved cables support full tower chassis
* A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
* Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection and Short Circuit Protection provide complete component safety
* Dimensions: 150mm(W) x 86mm(H) x 160mm(L)
* MTBF: 100,000 hours
* Safety Approvals: UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TÜV, CCC, C-tick
SOURCE
4d9bad34.jpg

ebc032c4.jpg

aa8f5597.jpg

(It's really a white/purple color not blue)
05f6a360.jpg

Its an OK unit it seems...Just above Corsair's bottom of the barrel.

Redbeard (Corsair Rep) said:
CX - entry level, very cheap units. Will meet all ATX specs.
GS - Gamer line. LED fans, higher wattage. Will meet all ATX specs at 40C. 3 year warranty.
TX - Overclocker/enthusiast line. Good price performance ratio. Better warranty (5 year)
HX - High-end line. Better efficiency (bronze or higher), better warranty (7 year), semi-modular cables.

As for the OEM, I believe the GS is a CWT without the restriction on all-japanese caps that the TX and HX have.

90v minimum input is nice, the 400cx has that too. It noticeably helps get through brownouts without restarting.

Back