• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This really suxs!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KLowD9x

A friend of mine recently got a Volcano 6cu+ with the 7000RPM delta...While he was putting it on, the screwdriver slipped and landed right on a trace, cutting it. I tried to fix it by doing the "pencil trick" and his dad had some metal tape...None worked...Is there any way I can fix this board? Thanx in advance.

do it the good ole fasioned way, solder. or you could maybe get a conductive ink pen and redraw the trace, rear window deffoger paint may also work, if you're sure the trace is intact again after repainting and it still won't work you may have another problem too......

Thanx, should I sand or something over the traces to remove the protective covering over the traces? and where can I get a conductive pen??

conductive pen?

i ordered a conductive pen two weeks ago and just today they
told me they couldn't get it, that it was discontinued.
i just wish they would have let me know a week ago. i gave up on it last monday anyway, so i used a pencil to get my duron 750
up to 950, could go higher but motherboard don't recognize
any thing higher but it will support up to 1.4 athlon.
that don't make any sense anyway, let me know if radio shack is bs'n me.:mad:

Back