• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zotac H55ITX-A-E issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4GHZ_or_bust

Now 6GHz or Bust!
Ok I think Zotac messed up something badly... like brain surgeon accidentally cutting out testicles instead of brain.

I got a better heat sink and made sure it was seated properly. But the CPU was still cooking at 105C so I had to poke around the BIOS.

Vcore was set to 1. 45v :shock::shock::shock:

using optimal and fail safe setting did not lower that so I think the BIOS is bugged with incorrect voltage setting. I can manually lower the Vcore but the best I can get is 1.35v and that brings the CPU down to a sizzling 70C (IDLE temp!!)

I checked for BIOS update, and the procedure to update it. The only way to flash it is with a floppy disk with flash program and BIOS file... except the mobo has NO FLOPPY SLOT!! :bang head:bang head:bang head

USB floppy drive are notoriously unreliable for booting PC. It seems cheap brand is not boot capable, cheap PC can't boot from USB (including THIS one)

So how the heck do I flash BIOS from floppy drive when the board has no floppy slot and doesn't boot from USB at all?

Zotac needs to fire their team for lack of proofreading, no way to flash bios and not checking for proper CPU voltage.

If there is no way to flash it, can someone suggest ITX sized board with socket 1156 that has: minimum of 3 USB ports, 3 SATA ports, 2 DDR3 slots, wireless, and PCIe 8x or 16x?

You sure you can't enable booting from a removable device? I can't imagine they would have removed the option. My old Zotac 775 MITX board had the option.
Fail for Zotac if so...

There is no setting anywhere that I can see for booting from USB. I had bootable drive with Ubuntu on it but it wouldn't work. Today, I got the DVD drive and made Ubuntu install disk and installed to the USB. On restarting, the PC complained of no OS found :/

Back