• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which rad for my case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Creepin_D

Registered
Well I scrapped my old case because I got a HAF 932. I own both a 2x120mm rad and 3x120mm rad, and I am having trouble trying to decide which one to install. I can fit the 3x120mm rad in my case but will not have a lot of room to add other things.

My question is, do I really need the bigger rad? I only cool the CPU in my loop. I have a i7 950 on the way which I do plan to o/c.

Thanks

You really should use the 360mm radiator if you bought one. A 240mm with some good fans will easily do 4ghz but you should still go with the 360mm. What do you mean no room to add things. Are you talking about one of the expansion bays? Cause if you are well it's worth it and plus you have a lot more. I know 360mm's have this problem on HAF X but it's more than enough.

look at heat dissipation numbers and figure it out. you gave us rads with no fans...there are literally 1000000's of possbilities for these things in terms of combinations, you need to be more specific...or you could look yourself and then just swing by for confirmation, which is both faster and easier.

look at heat dissipation numbers and figure it out. you gave us rads with no fans...there are literally 1000000's of possbilities for these things in terms of combinations, you need to be more specific...or you could look yourself and then just swing by for confirmation, which is both faster and easier.

What I mean by running out of room is I want to position my rez directly under the fill port on top of my case. The longer rad may make it tricky.

I will be using GELID Solutions GELID Silent 12 1000RPM 120MM Quiet Fan 37CFM.

Also, i'm not sure what you mean by heat dissipation numbers. How do I get those numbers for my CPU, and what do I figure out?

Sorry for the newb questions.....been out of the water cooling loop for a while.

37 CFM? Pretty weak airflow. You plan to overclock? Go with the 360 rad. A 120x2 with those fans might not be enough. Nice to tell us what rad too..............many diff ones

37 CFM? Pretty weak airflow. You plan to overclock? Go with the 360 rad. A 120x2 with those fans might not be enough. Nice to tell us what rad too..............many diff ones

It's the Swiftech 360 rad. I do plan to o/c....what CFM do u recommend?

Back