• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Gaming PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kbman99

Hello there,
I have recently been looking around for the best of the best parts and other things. I was on a $1600.00 budget and wasn't sure what I should get. I figured what I needed and came out with this.

computerparts.jpg

Im just trying to get feedback on how it looks and ect...
If anyone has any tips or any other things they could help me out with then feel free :)
Thanks

Last edited:
That is a very solid gaming rig. I'd up the space on the ssd though to at least 90-120. 60 is cutting it close for gaming. Also I would recommend getting a 750 power supply for future purposes such as SLI or a lot more harddrives.

I dont see any flaws with it.. psu is adequate, have ssd, have storage.. maybe lower latency ram.. but thats not all that necessary.. one thing I don't see though would be a cpu cooler. If you do not plan to overclock the processor than the stock hsf will do just fine, but if you plan to oc past about 3.6 you'll want to look into a aftermarket hsf (noctua/xigmatek/meghalem/TRUE are all very nice, if budget at this point.. cogage true spirit)

I dont see any flaws with it.. psu is adequate, have ssd, have storage.. maybe lower latency ram.. but thats not all that necessary.. one thing I don't see though would be a cpu cooler. If you do not plan to overclock the processor than the stock hsf will do just fine, but if you plan to oc past about 3.6 you'll want to look into a aftermarket hsf (noctua/xigmatek/meghalem/TRUE are all very nice, if budget at this point.. cogage true spirit)
I'm getting a cooler, and I might OC, but I'm not all that sure. I don't really need a superspeed comp, but it would be nice. I'm still trying to figure out the Cooler. If you know of any good ones in a descent price range then let me know :)

*EDIT*
What is low latency ram btw?

^ Low timing ram. For DDR3 6 and 7 cas latency is considered low. 8 and 9 is high. I cant really tell from the picture what it is, but I am guessing its 9.

^ Low timing ram. For DDR3 6 and 7 cas latency is considered low. 8 and 9 is high. I cant really tell from the picture what it is, but I am guessing its 9.
It says that the cas latency is 8. But what exactly is latency? Is it best high or low? And what does it affect?

Are you going to upgrade your CPU cooling? The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus is a cheap upgrade and performs very well.

Are you going to upgrade your CPU cooling? The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus is a cheap upgrade and performs very well.
I was actually looking at some Antec coolers or KUHLER's as their called. I'm just trying to find the right one out of the KUHLER box, shelf and flow...
I'll check out that though :)

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=659930

Try reading this post to learn a bit more about ram.
I now have a more deep understanding as you could say lol. So I just have one question... are any of these good choices?

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3C1600C7
7-8-7-20

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8D
8-8-8-24

I can't tell the difference myself other than the models, the dominator seems to be a better buy with alot more reviews though they both seem good. I actually saw some more memory for more, but less latency...
If you stumble upon anything be sure to let me know :)

This is just another one I found with only 6 CAS Latency
6-8-6-20
G.SKILL PI 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI

I'm just not sure between the three whats better.
Thanks again:clap:

6-8-6-20
G.SKILL PI 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL6T-6GBPI

I'd get this one, the main number is the front number for speed in terms of memory timings.

I like the Xigmatek Balder, great bang for the buck. 8mm heatpipes, can't loose.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233040&cm_re=balder-_-35-233-040-_-Product

Check out reviews, it performs as advertised.

As for the build, looks very good! For 1600 though I am sure you could work a better GPU in there. Are you dead set on 1366? The i5 750 would game just as good and give you a nice break on mobo and ram as well... so maybe you could shoe-in to a GTX580

-D
For that processor could I get the same mobo or would I have to get another one? basically is the 1156 processor compatible with the 1366 mobo?

the "cooler" not processor in the link you have there is able to be used on a variety of sockets (775/1156/1366 etc).. so its usable for the mobo you have already picked out.

the "cooler" not processor in the link you have there is able to be used on a variety of sockets (775/1156/1366 etc).. so its usable for the mobo you have already picked out.
I was talking about the processor he told me would be good. I wasn't talking about the cooler (sorry for being inspecific if thats how you say it lol)

Back