• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok last week my Fiancee ordered a GF4 MX440. Today we found out they didn't even put it in to the computer. So she won't be getting the card. We went today and bought her aPNY GF2 Ti 64m.b. DDR card. How good is this card? She mainly plays Sims and tonight she will be playing Ghost Recon for the first time.

Plenty good enough for what you will be doing or she will be doing. Much more than adequate.

Cisco Kid

It's probably because of the Celeron. I agree with Cisco Kid thats more than adequate for what she needs.

Well for Ghost Recon it sucks monkey butts. It`s really slow I was thinking of putting in my GF2 MX400 PCI card and putting her`s in mine. I think that the board might not like the DDR video card.

Well yesterday after I put it in I ran 3Dmark2k1 and got a score of 2329. I guess the reason for the low score is due to the Celeron right. Here`s whats all in her rig 1) AOpen AX34 Pro II 2)800MHz Celeron 3) 512m.b. PC-133 4)48x Creative labs CD-Rom 5) 20 gig W.D. and the Celeron is Direct die cooled.

DarkArctic said:
You might have bad frames from accidently having FSAA on. Download RivaTuner off of www.guru3d.com and see if it's on. If it is then turn it off, then you'll have better frames.

-DarkArctic

Ok I just downloaded RivaTuner. Where do I find FSAA at in it. Lastly what is FSAA. Sorry but I'm still a little green when it comes to GeForce boards. I've only used PowerStrip for it.

Back