• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Darkfall online, a year later?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward78

So I canceled my sub. 11/11/09, so what is new? How much of this is still true??

My prob. with the game were mostly.

1. Slow skill progression
2. Hard to locate towns on map
3. The UI was a bit messy

I looked into it and played the beta. Game was not bad I did not like the FPS interface. If I had a 3rd person view I could have lived with it. I dont mind hard, hell I miss EQ were you either purchased a map or made one. I liked how some maps had to be purchased from other players. Guess I am a sadist lol.

Hmmm, good source that lots of jerks are in the game.

yeah just reading about how, if your a new player and you get killed by vets of the game 24/7 and basicly they say that all you can do is deal with it or leave really makes me not want to play the game at all

yeah just reading about how, if your a new player and you get killed by vets of the game 24/7 and basicly they say that all you can do is deal with it or leave really makes me not want to play the game at all

I love games with PvP like DFO, but the sucky thing is jerks like this just make the game frustrating for others. So in turn they can't enjoy it,

I love games with PvP like DFO, but the sucky thing is jerks like this just make the game frustrating for others. So in turn they can't enjoy it,

exactly, I read the whole thread I linked too and it seems these jerks are the reason why no one wants to signup and play them game, seems to me if the game makers saw what was going on and see that they are loosing money and subscriptions they would do something about it

Darkfall has a guild for newbies that supposedly allows player to learn the game in relative peace. They post a graduate list now and then. Grads then looks for guilds. I played for a short time in a good guild with friends. Problem is the game lacks content. Its a small company that wanted to address player concerns but lacked the manpower to implement them quickly. Also I couldnt stand the sound. You heard every noise for miles. That and the clumsy UI and lack of content were deal breakers.

Darkfall has a guild for newbies that supposedly allows player to learn the game in relative peace. They post a graduate list now and then. Grads then looks for guilds. I played for a short time in a good guild with friends. Problem is the game lacks content. Its a small company that wanted to address player concerns but lacked the manpower to implement them quickly. Also I couldnt stand the sound. You heard every noise for miles. That and the clumsy UI and lack of content were deal breakers.

Never thought about it that was, but you are right. They have enough land, but it is to empty. I thought the city system sucked, building a city just how you wanted anywhere would have been cool (with rules so you don't have a map overloaded), think about how that would add to the game, guild a built a city by major resource x so they control it & that would be a reason to fight. The settings menu sucked actually. DFO is like EvE, it was almost great, until the last few parts were added.

Darkfall can be alot of fun, but it is a grind-fest. They were supposed to introduce offline-skilling, like EvE, but I haven't seen it in the patchnotes quite yet. Darkfall is definitely better than it was at launch, but the grind keeps me away.

Now, if Mortal Online can actually get some content in-game and not just be all about PvP like it is atm, it will actually be a pretty fun game and way better than DF. Mortal handles murderers(reds) alot better than DF and there isn't a grind like their is in DF either. As soon as they get the monster pack in mortal and some extra stuff, i'm going to start playing that again. But I wouldn't bother until then.

Darkfall can be alot of fun, but it is a grind-fest. They were supposed to introduce offline-skilling, like EvE, but I haven't seen it in the patchnotes quite yet. Darkfall is definitely better than it was at launch, but the grind keeps me away.

Now, if Mortal Online can actually get some content in-game and not just be all about PvP like it is atm, it will actually be a pretty fun game and way better than DF. Mortal handles murderers(reds) alot better than DF and there isn't a grind like their is in DF either. As soon as they get the monster pack in mortal and some extra stuff, i'm going to start playing that again. But I wouldn't bother until then.

Man, a skill system like EvE would be nice & MO is that out yet?

It's not nearly as bad bug wise, but there are still bugs. If they can get some more sand in the sandbox, I can put up with some bugs.

Not that I'm aware of. MMORPG was doing a series on it, but I can't find it. I wouldn't personally bother with the game though, for at least another month or two, or until the monster pack is released.

Not that I'm aware of. MMORPG was doing a series on it, but I can't find it. I wouldn't personally bother with the game though, for at least another month or two, or until the monster pack is released.

Know anything about it?

The monster pack? It's basically a crap-load of new PvE monsters to fight, since there isn't much to fight now except other players(PvP). I found that article, there are 3 parts and it is on-going. Here.

The monster pack? It's basically a crap-load of new PvE monsters to fight, since there isn't much to fight now except other players(PvP). I found that article, there are 3 parts and it is on-going. Here.

That talks about Mortal online.

Back