• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Random ShutDown?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just a nickname

Hey,

I was trying to reach stable 4.2GHz. I was running LinX and went away but when I came back, the computer was shut. I restarted and it just said "your computer didn't shut correctly" (or something like that).

I am wondering what can cause random shutdown (LinX probably passed atleast 10 mins - did with lower voltage settings 7 to 40 mins)? I am running on Win 7 64bit

Thanks for your help!

Either the clock was unstable, and it bluescreened while you were gone, or the PSU shut it down due to overload (highly unlikely). Those are the only two things i can think of... unless the power went out and ya didn't notice it :)

I see. Oh well, will I ever find stability ;)

I am just quite confused because it does well 10-30mins then bam no matter what is the voltage (increase, it can fail sooner or decrease and it can do 30 mins!). I think that this overclock stuff isn't for me =S

Hey,

I was trying to reach stable 4.2GHz. I was running LinX and went away but when I came back, the computer was shut. I restarted and it just said "your computer didn't shut correctly" (or something like that).

I am wondering what can cause random shutdown (LinX probably passed atleast 10 mins - did with lower voltage settings 7 to 40 mins)? I am running on Win 7 64bit

Thanks for your help!

Looks like the Linpack test failed and Windows likely gave out the dreaded STOP: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.
(That error means you need more Vcore or your core speed is too high)

Back