• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steering wheels (controllers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CgS Drone

I am thinking of getting the son a steering wheel/foot pedals for X-Mas and really don't know much about them. It would be connected to the computer and I am not sure if you can get them that connect to a Wii as well. I have seen in advertisements ones that say they can hook to X-Box I think it was. What kind of connectors do they have? its hard to see the ends and the details don't show on some of them, are they a universal connector (USB)? I haven't looked at the Wii connectors to tell if it can hook one up or not and I really don't see many listed for Wii since they use the wireless one but it doesn't offer foot controls as well.

Last edited:
there is two main type's one with gas, break pedals(some have a clutch and shifter) and ones without.as far as what ones work with what systems each system has there own the xbox one is nice but its wireless and only works on xbox i believe that logitech makes one with a usb hat can be used on xbox,ps3,and pc but not the wii.but i do think they have a separate one for the wii http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=2804235231&ref=pd_sl_8roxig3w1d_b

Thanks jazon1, I seen they offered one that would work PC/Wii but after reading several of the reviews I think I am just going to go with one that will work with the PC and call it good. The one that worked with both has a 50% review rating and they say it can break easily so I figure it would be better just to limit him to PC with a decent one rather than buying one that may or may not work on the Wii and doesn't have the best track record for durability. The link was very helpful.

I bought a Logitech G25 about a 2 years ago, it will work with the PC and the PS3. No aftermarket wheel works with the Xbox as far as I can recall. If you can find a G25 for a decent price, get it. Its hands down the best one made, aside from their newest one the G27.

A friend of mine plays all racing games on his keyboard... don't ask how or why... it looks ridiculous lol

If it's a simulator game the G25 is probably the best wheel to get. I much prefer it to the G27, the G27 feels slightly... tacky in comparison. Just doesn't feel as solid.

No idea about the lower grade wheels, those 2 are the only 2 I can vouch for :p

You're gonna want a wheel with force feedback. It makes such a huge difference and it makes racing sims a lot more fun. Logitech makes quite a few good wheels.

I've got the Logitech Momo wheel and it works well. It doesn't have the clutch pedal though. Force feedback is nice as a centering force to keep you driving straight. I turn centering force up to as high as possible myself.

I've got the Logitech Momo wheel and it works well. It doesn't have the clutch pedal though. Force feedback is nice as a centering force to keep you driving straight. I turn centering force up to as high as possible myself.

At least in Live for Speed, force feedback is for much more than centering the wheel. It try to simulate the the feeling the driving gets from the steering wheel. This is used to judge how hard you are pushing the car, how much grip you have left, what type of road surface you are driving over, which way the car is pulling (on an off camber road or if the car is damaged), etc. Basically its another immersion factor that makes driving in a sim much more realistic, and more fun.

At least in Live for Speed, force feedback is for much more than centering the wheel. It try to simulate the the feeling the driving gets from the steering wheel. This is used to judge how hard you are pushing the car, how much grip you have left, what type of road surface you are driving over, which way the car is pulling (on an off camber road or if the car is damaged), etc. Basically its another immersion factor that makes driving in a sim much more realistic, and more fun.
I agree totally. :thup:

I play GTR2 and GTRE mostly and they give a lot of feedback based on the car and conditions. It's amazing how much more immersed you feel comapred to a non-force feed back wheel. I drive terrible without it! :p

If you are even casually into racing sims a good force feedback wheel = :D

I have a wii but I haven't tried to find a force feed back wheel for it. I have mario cart. The wii "wheel" it came with is more of a controller accessory with no feedback to speak of. But that's not a sim game at all.

Back