• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire Newbie Needs Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iFiNiTY

Hello to all, I'm new to the forums.. :welcome:
With that being said I have a little problem.

I just bought a Diamond ATI Radeon HD 5970 for a cheap price, and I when I bought it was't sure if I can crossfire it to my XFX Radeon HD 5870.
I read that you can crossfire a 5970 with a 5870 but what about two different brands? :burn:

Im a little scared for my power supply also.. But I can give it a try? Here are my specs.

ASUS P6T X58 ATX LGA1366 DDR3 LGA1366 3PCI-E16 PCI-E1 2PCI CrossFire SLI SATA2 GBLAN Motherboard

Corsair Professional HX750W 750W ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 140MM Fan

OCZ Gold OCZ3G1600LV6GK 6GB DDR3 3X2GB DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 CL 8-8-8-24 Triple Channel Memory Kit

Wil it be too much for my PS?

Thanks for your help.

:thup: Now I just need to upgrade my PS eh? Or try it first and benchmark?

:thup: Now I just need to upgrade my PS eh? Or try it first and benchmark?

try it first, do a benchmark or use furmark and prime 95 at the same time, put your hand on the psu, if its hot then you need to upgrade :thup:

im not sure but i think it should be enough, there is an online calculator which you can use to measure how much wattage you need...

Should I be worried about the brand? I heard Diamond Multimedia doesn't have great support and all? I just bought this because I had a very good deal and couldn't pass on it.

I'm thinking of eyefinity setup or maybe a bigger screen.. Not sure yet..
Any recommendations? I currently got a 23 inch asus screen.

Should I be worried about the brand? I heard Diamond Multimedia doesn't have great support and all? I just bought this because I had a very good deal and couldn't pass on it.

I'm thinking of eyefinity setup or maybe a bigger screen.. Not sure yet..
Any recommendations? I currently got a 23 inch asus screen.

yes, there are brands which have longer warranty, there are brands that full refund, heres the brands id recommend :santa2:

1-evga
2-asus
3-gigabyte
4-zotac

keep the screen, if you want to go cheap id recommend using the GTX460 for 1080p,you get playable framerates on most games
its just pure win :D

Back