• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Overclocking a E8400 on P5W-DH-Deluxe.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Intel-igence

Registered
Hi, This is my very first post.

Problem: 3.6GHZ boots ok but Blue Screens after about 30 mins. Not stable??
2nd problem, I'm not good at this overclocking business.

Ok, so now what I've done is i have put the FSB to 400mhz, it works ok but like I have said, it blue screens later after 30-45 mins.
I wanted to know firstly, does anyone have this setup in terms of same mobo and same CPU? if so, I would be delighted to know their voltages etc.

Now you will probably ask whats inside my computer.
it involves:

ASUS-DH-DELUXE motherboard (Bios Revision 3001)
Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo @3.0ghz
2 x 2GB A-data DDr2 Ram 800mhz
Coolermaster hyper 212 plus heatsink ;) (oooh yeah)
Coolermaster 430 Elite case Black.
120mm thermaltake 1225 exhaust fan,
1 X 80GB IDE Seagate HDD
1 X 500GB Maxtor SATA Hard drive.
Also most of the stuff on the bios is set to Auto as I don't understand what it means.

When I installed firstly my E8400 on this mobo for the first time, it was showing low speed, not booting up, crashing.. so i updated BIOS and now still plays up but not as much.

The Reason I posted here was that I am not an expert on this stuff but I thought that you people may be able to help me get a stable build thjat is over 3.6ghz.

Sometimes I just feel like banging my head against the wall like this: :bang head when it blue screens.

Any help would be much appreciated.

IIRC the P5W-DH is a 975 Chipset. Unfortunately, the 975 chipset doesn't OC nearly as well and the 965 chipset. BSODs are not what I would consider working OK. Definately unstable. I've got one of those motherboards around somewhere. As I recall, with a Q6600, 3.0 GHz (333 x 9) was all I could get out of it and still fold stably. I might try downloading a new bios and trying again this weekend.

Back