• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best RAM for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fabe

Registered
Hi, I wanna upgrade my RAM, because a GPU upgrade would be useless at the
moment. I really don't know which RAM would fit good for my setup:

AMD Phenom II X6 1090t
6,0 GB RAM (Samsung)
GTX 470

I have 4 slots available on my motherboard, and I think I could change all RAM
and go for 8GB... or? Can you help me out please.

Likely could have been handled in your other thread, but oh well...As I stated in that other thread, please list the exact ram you have (screenshot of CPUz Speed tab and Memory tab would be best).

I also wonder how you have 6GB on a dual channel board...

Changing RAM is unlikely to provide any tangible system performance increase unless you are managing large files like video, CAD, etc. If the system you are discussing is the AMD 1090T, I have no idea how or why you'd be using 6 GB. of RAM on a dual-channel mobo?

Likely could have been handled in your other thread, but oh well...As I stated in that other thread, please list the exact ram you have (screenshot of CPUz Speed tab and Memory tab would be best).

I also wonder how you have 6GB on a dual channel board...

Changing RAM is unlikely to provide any tangible system performance increase unless you are managing large files like video, CAD, etc. If the system you are discussing is the AMD 1090T, I have no idea how or why you'd be using 6 GB. of RAM on a dual-channel mobo?

lol even I can't explain why it's 6GB... I've got 2x2GB's and 2x1GB's

Mixing RAM is usually frowned upon if you're looking at a high performance system.

So it's common to change the RAM, to 4x2GB's..

What is the best choice for my system? I actually don't want to play around
with RAM timings etc. just plug them in and go.

I thought about this: Corsair CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 8GB RAM (1600 MHz, DDR3, CL9, Kit4)

Why do you think you need 8GB of ram fabe? Are you using over 4GB now? Verify your ram usage before you spend money you may not have to!

Back