• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for acrylic case for new bulid.. Danger Den??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cleaner450

I am putting together a new bulid and want my rad, pump outside of the case and my res maybe at the bottom. can someone tell me if the Danger Den water Box plus has any external holes for the hoses? Also, any thoughts on what is a really good case for what I am looing to do.. I want to showcase hardware in an acrylic case...

Here is the line up so far..

Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme "Flagship

MCW80 GPU water block

ThermoChill PA140.3 Or
Swiftech MCR420 "Quiet Power" Quad 120mm Radiator - Black (MCR420-QP)

Swiftech MCP655-B Water Pump

Bitspower BP-WTP-C01 G1/4 Silver Shing 1/2 Inch Barb Fitting
10 hose clamps stainless steel
Danger Den RAD-Reservoir

Please let me know what you think about what I have picked out as well.. thanks for the advise!

Thanks

You should be picking your rads around your desired fans/noise level factoring in dissipation, the fact that you have 2 listed that use different types of fans tells me you've gone about this backwards. As for the case, dangerden doublewide?

You can ask at their forums about the case holes for external watercooling. If it doesn't come with them, you might be able to order some cut in it. As for the res at the bottom of the case and the pump external, I would advise against doing that as it will be a cast iron b!tch to bleed the loop. I would go with something like this XSPC Acrylic Tank Reservoir for Laing D5 instead. Same principle as their res for the DDC, but for the D5 series. I have the DDC version and it is by far the easiest way to bleed down the loop, bar none.

I like the suggestions. I think to make my life easier I will keep everything in the case VS outside... Any thoughts on that Danger Den Water box plus?

I like the suggestions. I think to make my life easier I will keep everything in the case VS outside... Any thoughts on that Danger Den Water box plus?

DD makes some good stuff however I have as of late had a hard time getting anything out of them. Took them nearly 3 weeks to reply to a very simple Q&A on their DD Double Wide which they lost the sale of due to it.

How big of a case are you looking at? What is your price range?

If you want a large case with plenty of room and money isn't a real issue check out MoutainMods. I asked a question there and literally got a reply 1 hour later outside of their operating hours.

DD makes some good stuff however I have as of late had a hard time getting anything out of them. Took them nearly 3 weeks to reply to a very simple Q&A on their DD Double Wide which they lost the sale of due to it.

How big of a case are you looking at? What is your price range?

If you want a large case with plenty of room and money isn't a real issue check out MoutainMods. I asked a question there and literally got a reply 1 hour later outside of their operating hours.

An acrylic aquarium builder will be able to make this for you as well (water tight too :rofl:)

I've worked in aquariums a lot. Just make a blueprint. You can have a nice fused acrylic case made. standoffs, cpu cut out, the works. Check your local aquarium web forums. Could probably do a WICKED job on your reservoir, building it in and making it an actual part of the case at the bottom. You could have your hoses (check out EHEIM hose btw. It's aquarium hosing and it's green but the quality is absurdly good) built into the acrylic through conduits as well (not into the panel itself but through compartments. Acrylic is easy to work and cut. As long as you have something that is relatively box shaped, it can be quite complex.

So give me you opinion. Mountian mods all acrylic case or danger den water box plus? They are almost the exact same size but it seems the mm has 5 120 fans vs dd has only 2 for the rad. I also see that the mm case has holes for the tubing that could connect to the rad installed on the outside the case which will free up a bit of room inside. Not sure how that would look but you don't get a ton of space unless you go up to one of their 300.00 cases. I have seen the dd case in person and seems very nice and know nothing about mm thats why I hope to get some feedback. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Back