• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i3 540 first run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak-venetica-

I'm tweak-venetica- , now this is my first ever intel CPU, i'm a AMD overclocker , thought i might spend some cash and get a small intel system ,

ended up paying around 4000 ZAR ~ 550 US $. for

Intel i3 540
gigabyte H55M-S2H
hynix budget DDR3 1333 CL9 4096 GB
450 watt YAMA PSU
500 GB seagate barracuda 32mb
5 Bags of ice :) 25KG
zalman SG1 thermal compound

and this is what i did with it :)

Capture066.jpg

Capture065.jpg

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1094574_tweak_venetica__cpu_z_core_i3_540_4945_mhz

haha hope thats not to bad for a AMD overclocker :)

I just built a friend an i3-550 with g.skill ripjaw 1600 and a stock cooler from an i5-760. Popped right up to 4Ghz with ease and very little voltage increase. really impressive especially with it being a dual with HT.

thanx for the feed back , i'll study up the manual, its totally first time so its realy new to me , absicaly bought the stuff to get some good HWboints and i got 7 sofar of the intel board haha , i'm @ 18 no jipi !

anyways i dont have access to dice or a pot so thats my only option , i'm going over to P gas , ( gas used in stoves ) as soon as my waterblock arrives , already have the tubing and the isolation putty ! so i'll see what the little bugger can do , but is 5ghz good for a standard OC ?

Back