• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
Ok got to ask, has anyone used this, and what is it exactly? I saw it in the review for the Sandy Bridge up on the front page and now im curious to what it can do on my home system, course won't be til tonight that I can try it.

never heard of it until that article either.. might have to look at it, though if its software related I'd rather stick with evga eleet since I've known it to work for so long for the quick oc's for benchin etc

Asus has it up as a download for the P6X58D boards... I tried it but couldn't get it to work at all so I just gave up. From what I understand it's basically the same kind of windows-based OC utility that the manufacturers develop.

I looked at it on a few sites, didnt dl it or anything, but its basically an ELEET type real-time oc util.. though the UEFI stuff looks really nice!

I just figured it was another overclocking tool I knew nothing about but everyone else used. Good to see I'm not the only one this time.

Looked at it and don't understand it. Probably not getting it installed properly or something but im confused and its not a clean and dry setup procedure.

stick with the ones that work.. ELEET and ASUS seem to be the most used.. though I don't ever use them unless I feel like playing around with superpi or something like that.. very useless for me for day to day work.. I'm at 4GHz.. i dont need 4.3+ on air so my idles are at 60C :p

stick with the ones that work.. ELEET and ASUS seem to be the most used.. though I don't ever use them unless I feel like playing around with superpi or something like that.. very useless for me for day to day work.. I'm at 4GHz.. i dont need 4.3+ on air so my idles are at 60C :p

Yeah but figure could try it out something new, and it looked slick in the pictures.

I could never get this program to work when I had my Intel DX58SO motherboard. Was never supported, not sure why? That was about a year ago though, things may have changed.

Changein bclk in these programs is fail anyway . Just makes you BSOD. I only use it when i boot into windows, run small FTT's if it fails - vcore up a notc - retest.

Back