• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED i7 2600k Stuck at 4.9Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhysX

I understand this is a very nice speed to be at. However I like nice round numbers... Like 5.

Haha anyone else ehre with a 2600k running with the p8p67 dlx ?

My voltage for 4.9 is 1.45v.

i have been tweakign for hours and just cant hit 5ghz.

Water cool it? :rofl:

Seriously though, man nice build. You've done good to get it that high, I wish I could help more

Did you read my post in the other thread?
I am very curious to see a CPUZ screenshot after 10 passes of LINX with coretemp etc. These are some very very impressive numbers and I would love to see some screenshots to help me decide on my purchase.

Dom

Did you read my post in the other thread?
I am very curious to see a CPUZ screenshot after 10 passes of LINX with coretemp etc. These are some very very impressive numbers and I would love to see some screenshots to help me decide on my purchase.

Dom

i missed that one sorry, here is cpu-z

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/2104309_3m0n5t3r_cpu_z_core_i7_2600k_4900_mhz

as for the linx Ill have to do that later on I am just on my way out the door. cheers.

Water cool it? :rofl:

Seriously though, man nice build. You've done good to get it that high, I wish I could help more

I may have to :)

Ballsy bro.. Ballsy. I'll try for 5 tonight

good luck!

Benched Wprime at 5.0GHz today but I'm not planning on running mine at 5GHz. I'll probably settle on 4.5/4.6 for daily use.

WPrime50GHz2.png

Benched Wprime at 5.0GHz today but I'm not planning on running mine at 5GHz. I'll probably settle on 4.5/4.6 for daily use.

WPrime50GHz2.png

Damn bro.. Thats not bad voltage at all for 5Ghz

Whats the general consensus on memory? Do i need to sell my Dominators and pick up some 1.5v memory?

So what would you guys using the 2600k say so far? Do you think that 5.0 GHz on an air cooled machine is do-able for a 24/7 on gaming machine? Or is it too finicky at this speed? What would you think would be a good 24/7 speed on your experience clocking so far? I had a feeling the average retail 2600k wouldnt be able to manage 5.0 Ghz on air cooling for more than a bench or 2. Please someone prove me wrong!

Thanks for the hard work fellas!

Dom

So what would you guys using the 2600k say so far? Do you think that 5.0 GHz on an air cooled machine is do-able for a 24/7 on gaming machine? Or is it too finicky at this speed? What would you think would be a good 24/7 speed on your experience clocking so far? I had a feeling the average retail 2600k wouldnt be able to manage 5.0 Ghz on air cooling for more than a bench or 2. Please someone prove me wrong!

Dom

I'm at 4.6Ghz and it's so much sweeter then my 760 at 4.2ghz could ever be.

There are new bios' that add a pll fix that lets many Sandy Bridge pass multi walls like 49.

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15952

Ugh.. Another bios for the IV.. Hmmmmm

I understand this is a very nice speed to be at. However I like nice round numbers... Like 5.

Haha anyone else ehre with a 2600k running with the p8p67 dlx ?

My voltage for 4.9 is 1.45v.

i have been tweakign for hours and just cant hit 5ghz.

I would try taking out some ram and seeing if that helps any. 8gb on 1156 would be a bit much. Not sure if it still applies to 1155, but I would try it with 4gb and up the voltage to a touch over 1.5 if you are comfortable with that. Seems most people had slightly higher voltage that 1.45 to get over 5ghz..

But how much voltage you apply is up to you. Some people may not want to give that to their brand new stuff..

Definitely try the pll fix BIOS if you haven't. These SB CPUs seem to hit a hard wall when they do hit one.

Damn bro.. Thats not bad voltage at all for 5Ghz

Whats the general consensus on memory? Do i need to sell my Dominators and pick up some 1.5v memory?

I'm still using my Bloomfield/Nehalem kits from my Bloomfield rigs... I haven't decided if I'm going to part them out yet. I'm not sure if SB likes my "Hyper" ic sticks.

Dom

Still to early to say but if my chip could run (5.0Ghz) for a couple of hours with Prime and do 20 run LinX stable at 1.40v/1.4125v/1.425v load I would probably back off my o.c. to 1.325v to 1.35v and run what ever the chip could do at that voltage for daily use... 4.5/4.6/4.7/4.8. If it ends up looking like these chips are strong enough to handle 1.375v long term then I might even consider going a little higher as long as my temps remained decent.

not sure which setting I changed, but I managed to get 5.1Ghz :) got it to 5.2, however I am having heat issues. need to move to WC i guess. not today thought haha

maybe in 2 weeks or so. I am now very happy with this chip. clocked her down to 4.4 so things dont get out of hand :)

Last edited:
PhysX, so 4.5Ghz on Air , for 24/7 use would be doable? I see you said your running at 4.4 for now...

PhysX, so 4.5Ghz on Air , for 24/7 use would be doable? I see you said your running at 4.4 for now...

Absolutely. I would even say 4.6 is safe for 24/7. its not really running at whatever speed you have it set to 24/7 anyways right.. when its ideling its 1.6Ghz.

unless you are folding or crunching, or something along those lines, I would say stay under 4.7Ghz with air cooling.

5.2 GHZ!? Very nice work my friend

thank you :)

Back