• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5 9600k my OC results at 4.8ghz try to push 4.9?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Johncammer96

Registered
So I passed my prime 95 stress tests as well as games w/o issue. Gaming a saw a max of 74c, P95 latest version I’m around 85-88C with my NH D15s, my voltage is only around like 1.325 and under load it drops to 1.312 and Idle is around 39C-43C, I would like to maybe bring temps down a bit how are people hitting 72c at 5Ghz full load while I’m running much hotter? I might be locked at this temp. If I go to 4.9 my temps might hit the 90+ And even if I get a water cooler I might not see much improvement since the Noctua can cool almost just as good!

Last edited:
Are you running prime95 without AVX. This is the command to disable AVX in the prime95 folder CpuSupportsAVX=0 in the local.txt, You will be able to clock higher if you turn AVX off in prime95 like I do at 5.0GHz.

Are you running prime95 without AVX. This is the command to disable AVX in the prime95 folder CpuSupportsAVX=0 in the local.txt, You will be able to clock higher if you turn AVX off in prime95 like I do at 5.0GHz.

Sorry for not being more specific but my intention was to run with avx since most of the games I play use avx, 5ghz probably not gona happen but I tried 4.9 at 1.350 no avx offset and passed about an hour of Aida 64 and IBT on standard. Prime 95 absolutely roasts my cpu at this voltage with avx pushing up to the 90s however Aida with Only FPU I get max 74C. Have you tried running at this voltage with avx enabled tests or experimented with no avx offset?

Prime95 without AVX is harder on the processor and tougher to pass than RealBench v2.56 with AVX. AVX speeds up the instructions and prime95 without AVX runs faster than most programs with AVX. I have run RealBench v2.56 with AVX.

Prime95 without AVX is harder on the processor and tougher to pass than RealBench v2.56 with AVX. AVX speeds up the instructions and prime95 without AVX runs faster than most programs with AVX. I have run RealBench v2.56 with AVX.

Yeah I might not worry about it then, I pretty much just game on mine so I’ll probably be ok with what I’m at now, I’ll give Real bench a try though to see if my temps are lower and pass it hopefully

Definitely Give RealBench v2.56 a try. Everything I do on my PC works fine with testing on RealBench for stability.

Yeah I might not worry about it then, I pretty much just game on mine so I’ll probably be ok with what I’m at now, I’ll give Real bench a try though to see if my temps are lower and pass it hopefully

Ok so I got realbench and passed a quick 15 minute stress test with a max temp of 74c at 4.9 ghz which is pretty good I think I’ll go ahead and stress test the cpu with longer times to really check it out but so far so good does the cpu stress test use avx?

Yes, I would give it at least a couple of hours of stress stress testing if using Realbench.

Sometimes I run it for four hours but that may be unnecessary. Actually, in my experience I find that any significant instability issue will usually show up within the first hour. Keep in mind that stability is only relevant with regard to how you use the PC. So my advice is to go with Realbench for a couple of hours and then just use the PC as you normally do. If you find it unstable in everyday use then make adjustments to either CPU frequency or vcore.

Ok so I got realbench and passed a quick 15 minute stress test with a max temp of 74c at 4.9 ghz which is pretty good I think I’ll go ahead and stress test the cpu with longer times to really check it out but so far so good does the cpu stress test use avx?

Version 2.56 is AVX Version 2.43 is not AVX.

Back