• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP655 .. what speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cleaner450

I have the Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump and I was wondering if it makes a big difference on what speed I run it at. I orginally thought the higher the better but I also wanted to take noise into consideration. It seems to run very quiteat around speed 2-3. Should I just lower it and keep a close eye on the water and CPU temp?

Also... I used Artic Silver on the Cpu block.. Should I have used the supplied Artic Cremic? I dont think there would be a huge difference but I thought I would ask.

Use low speed to bleed your loop, maybe 2-3. This is before you apply power to the mobo etc for 24 hours or so as you leak test. As you have read, the posts you have read show the speed that people use in operation is anywhere from about 3-5.

Use whatever speed you like.

Run mine between 3-4. Im sure even with 2 rads and 2 blocks thats over the magic GPM/LPM flow...

Just try different speeds, and find the spot where you think temps are ok and noise is acceptable :)

Back