• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD removes all cookies etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psionic98

Anyone ever have this issue? My 2nd pc has had random 124 BSOD (cant pin down the hardware issue yet) and upon rebooting all of my cookies (logins etc) are all gone and I have to manually log everywhere again. Its running win7 as well.

If the system is unstable, it isn't going to be reliable. So I'm confused why you are trying to make a known-bad system functional without fixing the actual issue. I would ignore the symptoms and fix the problem first. That is the only logical conclusion.

This would be the same as trying to make a car with a badly bent frame drive straight by adjusting the inflation of the tires. It literally does not make sense.

Oh i know.. I am working on pinning it down. it doesn't happen when the system is stock.. only OC'd. I'm systematically trying to see which component isn't liking the OC.

Was just asking if there was a setting I was missing for the cookies getting purged!

It should depend on the browser. I've never had an issue with Firefox dumping information when it crashes. Basically, if it doesn't save until you close, that is the problem. It doesn't know the computer is going to crash.

This happens whether or not the browsers are open.. that's why I posted. If it were just that the browser was open I would have accepted it.

Anyone ever have this issue? My 2nd pc has had random 124 BSOD (cant pin down the hardware issue yet) and upon rebooting all of my cookies (logins etc) are all gone and I have to manually log everywhere again. Its running win7 as well.

I find the loss of cookies and login disappearing after a bsod on (or simular action) shut down is common in Win7 .

This happens on my PC too. I don't think it's due to a BSOD "per se", it's more to do with a sudden loss of power AFAIK. Security feature maybe?

Would the reverse hold true as well.. raising QPI PLL can help lower VTT?

currently its not oc'd now since I was trying to look for hardware issues.. will have to report back on what its settings were.. i think i was at 1.4v and at 165 with x3 multi.. I think!

Back