• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED 6970 bsod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
ok i recently upgraded my 4870 crossfire setup to a single 6970 and have seen quite a bit of improvement and stability only problem is ever since i have installed the card i get random bsod's i made them less constant by disabling power saving mode (turn off monitor) now it seems to do it when its being used by a game and not being used alot, can play black ops hours on end no crash play a mmorpg called tibia and if i dont keep the fps bar pegged (holds ~ 250fps and uses ~ 20% of the card) then it will crash i have used a dump file analyser and it keeps pointing to hardware failure and ati drivers not responding.
now my big question is does anyone else have these isues and if so does ati know about it and plan on releasing a new driver version for better support for the series of card.
or could other drivers be interfereing, when installed it i used driver sweeper and whiped out all the drivers and started from scratch.
im gonna try a few more things and then im at a loss at what to do.:rain:

here is my system specs :
BIOSTAR T5 XE CFX-SLI LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I5750
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ
MASSCOOL 8WA743 92mm Long Life CPU Cooler
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM
HIS H697F2G2M Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP

ok... tried to get it to do it again... and it wont... but something weird did happen the whole screen went white and then came back after aoue 3 seconds and a little window in the bottom said ati driver recovered.

Last edited:
yea, i gave that a go and its still a no go, although for some reason tonight ever since i unplugged it while it was running (accident) and it made a horrible beeping noise... no crashes since so im hoping for the best and hoping for a driver upgrade thanks for the reply though :)

We get the official 11.1 driver on the 26th
This one looks pretty good based on what i have seen from the 11.1a driver floating around.

K thanks for te reply man I'm hoping for the best with these drivers :)

Only other suggestion is have you done a full blown reinstall on a test drive/partition?

Back