• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Computer hesitate on start up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pantheman

Hello,
I just built a new system, and it's been running great for about 2 wks. But this last week, it started having an issue at start up. In the morning when the computer is cold, I press the power button on, the blue hard drive light comes on, and the fans start up, then the light goes off and the fans power down for a few seconds then it powers back on and cycles thru just fine. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this hesitation issue? The system is not overclocked and has passed Prime95 and Memtest86 . I really could use some help as I have no idea where to start looking.
Thanks for your help.

MB Asus P6X58D-E
i7 950 cpu
EVGA GTX 460
Corsair Dominator 12 GB 1600 DDR3
Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750-Watt HX
Corsair H50
Cool Master Sniper case

Check your bios for having Virtualization enabled. Sometimes this can cause your system to "double pump" on a cold startup. Also, when you power down, do you turn off the switch on the PSU as well?

Thank you for you helpful reply. To answer your question,I do not turn off the switch on the back of the PSU, I just turn off the system by using win 7 shut down cycle.

This behavior is normal if the PSU was disconnected from AC then plugged back in before turning on the system.

Back