• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever hear of The Hunter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darknecron

Yep, the name is pretty lame, but the game is insane. I myself don't hunt, nor am I a big fan of it. But this game is the most realistic hunting simulation that I have ever seen or heard of, and surprisingly enough it is free. The graphics are beautiful, it takes at least a GTX 460 to run them maxed out with good frames (my 470 bottoms out at 40 frames). Some of the scenes get so realistic...the immersion factor is insane.

http://www.thehunter.com/pub/index.php

I have played the free version and it is very realistic. If you like sniper type shooters then this is the ultimate stalking/tracking hiding and taking the one-shot-kill game. It is very slow and no multiplayer so don't expect you will run through the woods bagging deer. They can hear you a mile away if you are not careful. You also have to look out for hoof marks, follow a trail and listen for sounds. You rank up as you successfully track and take down big game.

The paid version opens up additional hunting grounds and other game animals (free is just mule deer) as well as additional guns and other gear.

I recommend checking out the free version as it may well sate your appetite for this genre.
There is also a forum that is pretty active.

very good game, in fact the only game i've ever paid a subscription to play (there is a free part, one gun one animal). it uses the same graphics engine as just cause 2 i believe.

Last edited:
Back