• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 470 Broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

big220

Registered
i had this card for about 4 months and now i cant even overclock it to like 700 or under i tried the voltage tweaking already, everygame i play i get artifacts and the computer crashes i use oc scanner and it shows that im stable for 10 mins and up but when i play games like bbc2 or even 3dmark it crashes. can any one recomend me a program to check if gpu is stable i tried kombuster it didnt go so well either i dont see any artifacts coming up on the screen but when i play games the aritifacts come and crash maybe my gpu is fried what do you guys think?

i had this card for about 4 months and now i cant even overclock it to like 700 or under i tried the voltage tweaking already, everygame i play i get artifacts and the computer crashes i use oc scanner and it shows that im stable for 10 mins and up but when i play games like bbc2 or even 3dmark it crashes. can any one recomend me a program to check if gpu is stable i tried kombuster it didnt go so well either i dont see any artifacts coming up on the screen but when i play games the aritifacts come and crash maybe my gpu is fried what do you guys think?

I'm on water-cooling for both of my GTX470s--see my sig below for temps and overclocks

I was not able to go much higher than this either. I have friends with the 460 and 480 that can get much better clock speeds, so it could just be that the 470 doesn't O/C that well. I was a bit disappointed I couldn't do better than that at 40C!!

The 470 overclocks just fine (see my sig for details).

Make a more agressive fan profile in Afterburner would be my first suggestion.

Run loops of the Crysis benchmark and Futuremark products to look for artifacts.

All the Fur based programs (like Kombuster and OC Scanner) are flawed for looking for artifacts b/c when you run them the GPU voltage is increased due to the unnaturally high load introduced.

what about occt does that program work well i dont really know how to use it anyway

The 470 overclocks just fine (see my sig for details).

Make a more agressive fan profile in Afterburner would be my first suggestion.

What about lack of overclockability on water, with my system? My cards are Zotac. I was able to get the clock speeds up 25 MHz higher than those in my sig, and have it stable, then bumped it down a bit for everyday use. I can't get any stability / reliability out of the cards any higher than that though...

Certainly temps are not an issue

I just started getting the same problem today. I'm running an EVGA Vanilla GTX 470 with no O/C ever on the gpu. I updated the drivers (clean install) and still have the problem. Temps are good and have never had a problem until now. I also get the driver crashed and recovered message when I'm able recover from a lockup. I got a few more things to check but I'm open to suggestions.

I just started getting the same problem today. I'm running an EVGA Vanilla GTX 470 with no O/C ever on the gpu. I updated the drivers (clean install) and still have the problem. Temps are good and have never had a problem until now. I also get the driver crashed and recovered message when I'm able recover from a lockup. I got a few more things to check but I'm open to suggestions.
If you are getting artifacts and you have never OCed the card at all, I would defenately contact EVGA and RMA that card.

I Can get my EVGA Superclocked 470 Stable at about 790/1580/1780 on air:screwy: with temps just barley getting into the higher 80's on furmark. Then again my fan profile is rather aggresive. I running seti@home on it and it sits around 71-73C

Attachments

• Graphics card overclock.PNG
    Graphics card overclock.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 141

What kind of Volts did you try.

If you are getting artifacts and you have never OCed the card at all, I would defenately contact EVGA and RMA that card.

I was able to go back to 258.96 drivers and it's seems to be fine now. I've read on the EVGA forums and here that there are issues with the latest Nvidia drivers...

Back