• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED DVI cables confusion, which one is best?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shant

hello,im using the dvi D single link cable (see picture) i was wondering if im getting the full quality or not, which one has the best image quality? :confused:

181px-DVI_Connector_Types.svg.png

181px-M1-DA.svg.png

the differences among DVI cables is not so much of a quality standpoint as much as it is what capabilites/features they support.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface said:
With a single DVI link, the largest resolution possible at 60 Hz is 2.75 megapixels (including blanking interval). For practical purposes, this allows a maximum screen resolution at 60 Hz of 1,915 × 1,436 pixels (standard 4:3 ratio), 1,854 × 1,483 pixels (5:4 ratio), or 2,098 × 1,311 (widescreen 16:10 ratio). The DVI connector therefore has provisions for dual links, with the second link containing another set of red, green, and blue twisted pairs. When more bandwidth is required than is possible with a single link, the second link is enabled and alternate pixels may be transmitted on each link. This allows any resolution at any frame rate as long as the transmitter, cable, and display still meet the DVI specification at the selected resolution and frame rate.

right, so its the resolution that differs, thanks! i should be good with mine @ 1366x768

Back