• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 MOBOs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HaVoK C89

When are they expected to start selling them again? Jw....and whats your favorite and why?

I can't answer the second yet...but I've had my eye recently on ASRock's Extreme4.

The B3 stepping P6x series boards should be available by April.

Since OCing is almost entirely CPU dependent with SB, then the cheapest board from a reputable brand is good enough for me.

I paid 150 bucks or so for my P8P67. works great! I turn off most of the bells and whistles anyway. 'serial port', 'marvell Sata 6 controller', USB 3 controller, etc.... helps boot faster. I don't know about AS rock, never owned one of their boards. I paid more for the ram than the board.

Man....I wish I could start on my build now!! Lol.

I chose the Extreme4 cuz it seems to be a feature rich alternative to the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe.

I paid 150 bucks or so for my P8P67. works great! I turn off most of the bells and whistles anyway. 'serial port', 'marvell Sata 6 controller', USB 3 controller, etc.... helps boot faster. I don't know about AS rock, never owned one of their boards.

I've heard a whole lot of good things, seem to be an upcoming brand all of a sudden.

They make alot of inexpensive entry level motherboards, some people say they use 'cheap' parts, but who knows, it's probably all just perception.

Intel announced today they are resuming shipments to OEM partners Feb14th. So presumably before the end of the month shipments will go out to mobo manufactures and boards will be available mid march. You could probably hope for even sooner and bet on them being available by April 1st.

I've had good luck with Asus in the past so I stuck with them for Sandybridge, but I see no reason not to go with a board from any of the other popular manufactures. I almost went Gigiabyte this round.

Intel announced today they are resuming shipments to OEM partners Feb14th. So presumably before the end of the month shipments will go out to mobo manufactures and boards will be available mid march. You could probably hope for even sooner and bet on them being available by April 1st.

Where did you hear/read that at? Not doubting, jw lol. That would be so great tho!

photo-1.jpg

P 67 is Spanktastic. That port degradation thing sucks.. But the layout of the boards is great, and the chipset itself makes for very cheap boards.

As long as you only use the SATA 6 ports, you'll never have an issue.

This is a rig I made for a buddy last weekend.

He'll just be using the 2 6G ports for Optical and storage, and a REVOdrive (PCIe) will handle the OS and other programs. 4GB more of RAM coming soon as well as aftermarket cooling (he does graphic design).

oh, you might be right. I have to check my mb manual. He (we) also have the 2 'marvell' sata's to choose from.

photo-1.jpg

P 67 is Spanktastic. That port degradation thing sucks.. But the layout of the boards is great, and the chipset itself makes for very cheap boards.

As long as you only use the SATA 6 ports, you'll never have an issue.

This is a rig I made for a buddy last weekend.

He'll just be using the 2 6G ports for Optical and storage, and a REVOdrive (PCIe) will handle the OS and other programs. 4GB more of RAM coming soon as well as aftermarket cooling (he does graphic design).

Niiiiiccceeee..

It's a money thing. Once more Hds, etc start using Sata 6, people may need 4+ ports so they will have to spend more money on a new MB even thought they may have just bought a new one this month.

At least that's my conspiracy theory.

Back