• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One Card : Three Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goose90proof

Hey guys and gals,

I have an nVidia GeForce GTX 470 and I'm wanting to run 3 monitors off of this one card. It has enough ports for it (1 x HDMI, 2 X DVI) but I'm looking on this site...

http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html#display

...and it doesn't seem like nVidia is supporting 3 monitors on any number of cards at all. Not even 4 cards!!!

Does anyone know if it is possible to run 3 monitors off of a single nVidia card? If so, which one? Will my current card work? If not a single card, how many?

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the newer models, but if it doesn't support it, you could get a Matrox box that splits a single output into multiple monitors.

But honestly, it would be cheaper and easier to just get a second card. It wouldn't even have to be high end or something recent.

You need at least 2 Nvidia cards. I have run 3 monitors off of 2 470s.

I am going to be upgrading soon to a couple of Gtx 580s so I will have 3 x 470s for sale soon. I'll let you know once I post it in the classifieds section in case you are interested.

Ok, 2 cards would work if I was only running desktop applications. What's going to happen if I try to play a game on 3 monitors split on 2 cards? According to that chart I linked, nVidia is still limited to 2 monitors on 2 cards.

What I want to do is have 3 monitors. The purpose is for FPS gaming.

Middle screen - Crosshair/killzone

left & right screens - peripheral vision

And I don't want no stinkin ATI :mad:

Ok cool. Thanks for the links. Someone had told me otherwise and that link I posted above is very misleading. I will probably just go with another 470.

I'm wanting to do this but not for.gaming, as midpdlr.monitor would be game.monitor only, I do aloft of web codding and find 2 monitors I keep having to have a window or ontology of the other. Would I be able to add a 3rd monitor just to have the extra desktop spa e etc. Wouldn't be doing nvidia surround, just 3 monitors like you would be doing sigh 2

Back