• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shopping for a new SSD, Need Some Opinions on These

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

5er driver

Registered
I'm looking for a new SSD to use as an OS drive in an Acer Aspire 8935G laptop. I've narrowed my search down to these 3:

Gskill Phoenix Pro 80 GB
Mushkin Callisto Deluxe 90 GB
Corsair Force Series 90 GB

They are all specd at up to Read/Write 285/275 MB/s. Do you have any pros or cons on them? Do they really approach the specd speeds? Anyone have reliability issues with them?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I would say go with whichever is cheapest between the Mushkin and Corsair, they're all Sandforce based drives anyway so they should all perform within each other.

I personally would go for the largest capacity possible within budget for a laptop since laptops don't have the luxury of adding a HDD for storage (unless you don't mind carrying an external drive around, of course). So in your case... I would do what Moneyless suggested. :)

Thanks, I'm going to go Mushkin. Still debating if I want more than 60 GB. The laptop has 2 HDD bays and I'm using 2 x 500 GB drives at the moment.

you should be able to get away with a 60gb ssd and a 500gb HDD no? i know that would be plenty for me in a laptop.

Back