• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P67 marvell controller question (sata dvd drive wont burn dvd's)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

atm743

hey guys,

so for the time being im using all 4 sata 6 ports on my P8P67 Pro asus motherboard until i get the V3.0 chipset fix motherboard but i have found an issue. I have my sata cd/dvd drive running threw the marvell port. reads discs fine BUT i found that im having issues with itunes burning music cd's and NERO not locating the drive at all?

is this an issue with the marvell controller and sata disc drives or am i doing something wrong that missed? my 2 intel sata 6 drives are being used for my SSD and program HDD. my other marvell is being used for my 1TB back up HDD

i guess i can use one of the sata 3 ports for a month or so till asus decides to ship me a replacement but thought i would ask before changing sata ports around.

thanks

Try switching the optical to a sata3 port and find out...;)

I highly doubt it is, but considering your sig is outdated, I dont know if you are overclocking or added some volts to speed up this issue. But if you are stock or didnt touch the voltage, I doubt it even more.

Try switching the optical to a sata3 port and find out...;)

I highly doubt it is, but considering your sig is outdated, I dont know if you are overclocking or added some volts to speed up this issue. But if you are stock or didnt touch the voltage, I doubt it even more.

lol, yeah i need to update my sig. its overclocked to 4.5ghz at 1.33 vcore (manual) with load line at high. dram is at 1.65 and everything else is stock. took speed step and c-state off cause it was causing issues in games when dropping to 1.6ghz and back up.

ill try switching it now to sata 3 and see what it does

you have to change that controller to IDE mode from AHCI or RAID. Then it will work.

Is this issue specific to the Marvell controller? Optical drives on Intel ports have always worked fine for me when the Intel controller is set to AHCI or RAID.

Is this issue specific to the Marvell controller? Optical drives on Intel ports have always worked fine for me when the Intel controller is set to AHCI or RAID.

I was thinking the same thing cause in my x58 build I had it set to ahci and had no issues.

I got it to work. Have it back on the marvell controller but it's in IDE and works. Was having issues with booting using intel chip in ahci but when I changed the Marvell to IDE I had to change the other controller to IDE as well and boot into windows once then restate and change it back to ahci. No idea why I had to do that but if I didn't It would not detect my ssd and won't boot

Back