• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Congrats to sfu!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

harlam357

Senior Fold-a-holic
Well done!!! :clap: First time in a LONG time I've moved backwards in the T32 ranks. But I can't think of anyone else I'd rather lose my place to. Such an enormous investment and dedication to running such a large farm. Kudos to you bro! :salute:

Attachments

• sfu.png
    sfu.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 114
I will believe this Linux speed increase is real when I see it. Real numbers at 4.20 GHz.

I want to see something that makes me want to jump the a5 over to linux..:blah:

-TG

Switch one unit over, take an image, and multicast the image out to the other 26.

Ghost multicasting uses UDP multicast packets to send information across an Ethernet computer network on a one-to-many basis. UDP multicasting is part of the well-known TCP/IP protocol family, which allows Ghost to replicate many workstations at one time with a single transmission. Ghost multicasting provides superior speeds and an efficient way to replicate hard drives to multiple computers by removing the bottleneck of transferring multiple copies of the same information.

Whether you intend to do a one-time network workstation group update, or you want a long-term repetitive disk replication solution, Ghost Multicasting provides flexibility and speed.

The user interface and companion manual describe how to use Ghost Multicasting:

Creating the original image file.
Setting up the network.
Configuring and launching the Multicast Server to send the image file.
Running Ghost on the workstations.

You can perform these tasks manually through the user interface, by command line switches and batch files, or a combination of both, to automate the process.

It would take about an hour if you already knew what you were doing, or two hours if you have to figure out what you are doing.

Congrats sfu, Your passing[me by] brought back old memories of the "zim01 effect". One second life was normal, the next second I'm thousands of points behind...take a look at my sig, where it indicates Change 7d: is that a drop of blood???

:beer:

Back